What is the exterior cladding: The exterior cladding is the first line of defense of the building envelope against the elements. In addition, from an aesthetic point of view, the siding video shooting determines the visual appearance of the building.
Types of exterior cladding: There are several types of coating, including: masonry (bricks or stones), vinyl, aluminum, wood, aggregate, acrylic etc.
Masonry cladding: Masonry consists of bricks or stones, mortar joints, metal fasteners and seals. These elements must be integrated together to ensure the aesthetic appearance and performance of the work
Common problems in the coating masonry
- The lack of chantepleures at the base of the siding and above the openings (doors and windows).
- Corrosion of the steel lintels above the openings.
- The bulging of the bricks because of the deterioration of the metal fasteners.
- The bulging of the bricks because of a movement in the structure.
- Old and cracked bricks.
- Hollow or cracked mortar joints.
- Shear in the masonry.
- Advanced corrosion of steel lintels.
- Some movement in the foundation walls.
- A weakness in the basement walls at the basement windows.
- Deficiencies in relation to the tightness of the envelope.
- Hole, corroded or damaged sealing flashings.
Maintenance work of the exterior cladding
Regular maintenance of the exterior cladding is essential to maintain the integrity of the elements of the envelope. This will prevent premature deterioration in the elements of the building envelope and structure.
Our engineering team can:
- Perform the expertises necessary for the exterior cladding.
- Evaluate the condition of coating and give a professional opinion.
- Offer the right solution for facing problems.
- Offer a detailed report with diagrams, photos.
- Make a budget estimate for corrective work.
- Supervise construction work.