Onesta Bâtiment Conseil has a structural department with a civil engineer who is a member of the OIQ (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec) and a house designer. We carry out expertises, structural studies as well as plans and specifications necessary for renovation projects existing buildings (modifications, reinforcement, enlargement, correction of problems in the structure) as well as New projects. The engineer's plans include the details of the structural elements needed to complete the project, such as beams, columns, bearing walls, structural slabs, retaining walls, foundations and connecting elements such as stirrups, anchor bolts, screws, steel plates, etc.
As part of the work mentioned in Article 2 of the Engineers Act, " only an engineer may give consultations or opinions, make measurements, plots, prepare reports, calculations, studies, drawings, plans, specifications, specifications, or inspect or monitor sites.
Whatever your needs, whether for structural problems or modification or construction projects, we offer the best technical solutions with the following services:
Expertise on the spot
An expertise of the structure includes an on-site visit so that the professional is able to make an evaluation of one or more structural components of the building (beams, columns, slabs, joists, roof, load-bearing walls, foundations walls, footings , retaining walls, piles, etc.). This assessment is essential in order to analyze the issues and to propose the appropriate solutions.
Thus, an assessment of the structure is necessary when a client wishes to:
- Increase the load capacity of a floor or roof;
- Fix a problem of subsidence of the foundation walls (leveling and pile plans);
- Remove structural elements such as the load-bearing wall (replacement with a beam and columns);
- Modify the existing structure
- Add another floor to a building;
- Carry out enlargement work;
- Replace aged or deteriorated bearing walls;
- Calculate the load for a structural element, such as a beam or column.
Structuredesign calculs and plans
Our building engineer is able to design steel, concrete and wood structures for residential buildings.
Here are the professional services offered by our engineering firm:
- Realization of an inspection with a detailed statement of the structure
- Analysis of the building structure to reach an appropriate solution
- Modifications and strengthening of the structure
- Foundation Slump and Piling Plan
- Design of a new building
- Preparation of plans and specifications
- Project management and budget estimate
- Follow-up of construction work (site supervision).